Search This Blog

About Me

I graduated from St. John's University as a Communications Major, with a Business Minor. I worked at various companies, such as, Nickelodeon Studios, Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising, Disney Publishing, Fox News, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, and Intralinks.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Natural Remedy or Prescription Drugs


There is a lot of buzz with prescription drugs and how addicting they can be, recently Michael Jackson died from being addicted to prescription drugs, along with numerous people who are not famous. We won't be hearing about them but only the famous.

Many people use these medicated prescription method because they either don't have a choice or haven’t done the research to find an alternative method.
Swimming up stream is the hardest thing to do in this overly medicated and prescribed world.

I battled with insomnia for over 10 years. This illness caused my life to be unproductive, depressed, irritable to say the least. I tried everything that I could think of, with the lack of sleep I could hardly think. I was in a fog most of the time and all I wanted to do was sleep during the day. Then at night my mind wanted to stay awake no matter how tired my body might be. This can go on for 4-5 days straight.

This resulted with me going to a MD last year and they prescribed meds like Lexapro that made me feel like I wanted to sleep all day. Plus the meds made me feel nauseous. I actually felt worse and miserable. Thank God I am a very avid believer in natural cures. I threw the Lexapro away into the garbage.

I then went to a MD that practices natural cures (Naturopathic Doctor). He had a nutritionist on staff that worked with me, now this took some time. I had to do blood work to see if my hormones were functioning normal, along with cholesterol levels etc. Everything seemed to be normal and flowing all right.

Well this nutritionist recommended a product that worked, this product feeds the body the nutrition it might be lacking. These pills contain
calcium, magnesium, passionflower, valerian root extract, hops cone and lemon balm leaf extract.

Now, I have tried many of these natural remedies alone but this product puts together the right amount of MG's that works for my body.

I do have occasional sleepless nights but never 4-5 days in a row. Plus I would never in the past
insomnia days be able to write a blog because my head would be in fog.

Scroll below and take a look at my blog archives for new posts.


















No comments: